Sunday, September 14, 2008

Medical bulletin #2 – wasps

Well, having realized I didn’t mention a few other exotic problems I had, eheh, and having lost all inhibitions about boring people with health issues, here they go.

I was attacked by wasps. Of course, aggressive highly painful tropical ones. I am told that if you are stung many times, what initially was only the pain of the sting, may become an allergic reaction. Well, I can confirm that. This was the third time, and I received about 6-8 stings. After I ran away from the bloody tree, I felt, besides the pain, slightly dizzy, heart pounding uncomfortably fast (130/min), sweating, weakness and a dozen more symptoms. I decided that in spite of the importance of following that group, I “would have to let them go”. In the end I lied down for about two hours, waiting for things to improve (was alone, didn’t have a radio, of course). After that, I was able to slowly make it back to camp.

No comments: