Monday, December 8, 2008

On mental sanity


My friend Yashar came visiting, and told me that I look dangerously close to a nervous break down. I do feel a bit under pressure and frustrated, so I stopped and took a look at myself. Here are some behaviors/feelings I experienced lately, that might be interpreted as “warning signs”:
- Rage: never before have I had to consciously calm myself down (well, once..) to avoid snapping, and for silly things (but they add up..).
- Lack of sleep and proper food: they surely exact a toll..
- I don’t take pictures anymore.
- Soap doesn’t wash away from my skin. Particularly the hands, so I thought it could be the chemicals I use, but no. I won’t mention the crazy hypotheses I have about it.
- I think rats hate me.
- I spend more and more time trying to ‘escape’: I want to watch movies (even pretty bad ones), and I keep daydreaming. Worryingly, some of these dreams involve my just and liberal (but firm) ruling of the world.
- A related point, I suspect I can control rain.
- But I am absolutely sure I am not able to fly.
- (I tried)
- (Kidding..)
Anyway, it is comforting to feel that I can go insane without losing lucidity..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sulla salute mentale di ognuno di noi ci sarebbe tanto da parlare! spero solo che lasci stare l'idea di volare! per i topi sono sicura che ce ne sono di veri stronzi. per il resto tieni duro e non mollare la concentrazione ti aspettiamo da morire. baci da zi zi che scrive con un dito e che รจ sicura che le lettere spariscano per farmi un dispetto!

Michelle Brown said...

Luca, I LOVE your blog...but damn it makes me miss Indo.

But more to the point, thank you for putting up this particular post. I'm in pretty much the same state at the moment (though I haven't yet tried to fly...) and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one going through this.

Time for a vacation, no? It's probably in everyone's best interests.