Monday, April 6, 2009

Dialogue with a mosquito (while extracting hormones)

- Will you stop it, damn you?
- Oh, look who’s talking, you just tried to kill me!
- Well, I didn’t come to your house looking for you, if you stay wherever it is that you live, you wouldn’t risk me killing you..
- That is not true, millions of our kin have perished to the hands of vile human mass murderers, who used, moreover, chemical weapons that have long been banned by the Geneva convention.
- Well, some of “your kin” also kill millions of us every year (and what the hell are you talking about the Geneva convention anyway?)..
- But not me, I don’t carry no bloody (literally) parasite, I just want a little blood.. if you pour all your blood in a bucket, and then I take my share, you won’t even be able to measure it.. eheh, that is hardly going to kill you..
- See? That’s where you are wrong, my narrow-minded friend! Humans have an innate reflex, to try to catch, or wave away, small things flying to our faces. So if you buzz around me while I am driving, I may very well crash on a tree while trying to catch you! And your mosquito-centric perspective of course doesn’t consider this! It is as if I, not considering that you are not a human, would argue that I am not trying to whack you, but just patting on your shoulder, or trying to shake your hand..
- Hmm, wow, that is a great argument.. Especially coming from a ‘human’ who is imagining a whole conversation with a mosquito.. I feel sorry for you, how long have you been in this forest?
- What? Eh? I don't know, I don't know! Years.. I forgot..

No comments: